Friday, March 4, 2011

The rest of the story ;)

Here it is folks, the final bits of assemblage in the saga of moving :) Enjoy, it's a lot. lol





The final view of the reading nook :) I'm planning to buy a clamp lamp and attach it to the bookcase for better lighting in the corner. 
The sign reads 'Adventure is worthwhile in itself' :D I wholeheartedly agree!





Magazine stack detail; Including all my Domino mags. Sad they went out of business but glad I kept these issues!





I love the ampersand as a bookstop :)





Again, these pics are just taken with my phone, :P




The wall :) Finally cleared of boxes, and sewing machine stationed, ready for a project :D





Detail of a wall shelf :) I like random btw :P I also restrained myself from completely covering the shelves with memorabilia. *pats self


(miss you roomie in the pic who now lives in Germany! muah! ;))





Kitchen/'Dining Room' peek :)





The bench seat by the fireplace!




Finally ready for Kenny D to see :)




She will have to come test it out soon ;)




Bathroom....not my favorite room, but it has some fun bits thrown in to liven it up :) 
The tiles and shower curtain 'happen' to match wonderfully, even though I didn't pick them out 


and now....





Kitchen and 'Dining Room' aka my first big furniture purchase, the cafe set :)




LOVE this huge old porcelain sink :)




Just big enough to not be cramped and small enough to make everything easy to reach :)


Those shelves used to serve as the legs for my desk, and what is now the headboard of my bed was the top of the desk. :) 


I added black upholstery tacks in a diamond pattern on the faux leather fabric and voila! See below for detail





*sigh :) So many culinary adventures waiting to be embarked on here. Already the spinach, egg and turkey wrap was a win.




Table detail. 'S' mug from my sister, Emily, makes a perfect gingerbread biscotti holder :)




Living room! I LOVE how spacious these rooms are!
The two chairs are getting slipcovers asap, probably in something akin to khaki.




Final arrangement of bedroom, view from doorway. 



Detail of headboard area :) LOVE how it turned out





'Dressing Area' on the left. Thats the $20 Craigslist ottoman I'm going to recover in cream cotton with big black satin bows tying the corners :) Maybe small cream tassel fringe...as soon as I brave filling a bobbin on my new sewing machine :P





Top of the dresser. Painted that old mirror glossy black :)





View from the bedroom :) Incredibly soothing to wake up to a clean and orderly apartment.

Thanks for stopping by to visit my new place! :) Hope your Friday is fantastic and the weekend is better than expected!! Love and blessings

8 comments:

  1. I love how well you do decorating details! I think the fireplace bench and the bedroom are my faves. Love them! :)

    Note to self: Next house must have a dressing room....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to come over to get the full effect! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I saw this and didn't comment! Thought I had, you even posted a pic of the window seat!!! I love that spot - perfect place for reading for sure!

    This is really making me wish we lived closer together. On Mondays, I have girlfriends over and we've started to do crafty stuff like paint picture frames and sew things. We could have so much fun... )c: But we can share these things on a blog which is - I guess - what we have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Share away! I loved the flowers I saw on Facebook recently :D If I had a guest room, I would have you guys over. Owell, who knows where we will be in a year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, truly, who knows? I would sure like to! We're really hoping for Austin, San Antonio, or Temple, or anywhere in-between. Do you have relocation plans?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo :) Those all sound lovely. Relocation is possible. Frankie could be an assistant manager within a year at the Waco or Mexia stores, if not beyond. So if we are married...again, who knows? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love , love, love it. It´s so freaking cute your new place. Enjoy lots of nice hours there and hopefully one day I´ll be able to step into the door and sigh as well ;-) Love your creative ideas Steph. Yea for home decoration ;-) haha.
    Lots of love,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you like it! And yes, please stop by asap! :D Of course, I will still be looking for tickets to come visit you as well ;) besos - steph

    ReplyDelete

doodle here :)