Monday, February 28, 2011

Bits and Pieces ... :)

    Remember these? :)

Here's what three days of work have wrought :)



F says I've 'girlified' the nightstand he gave me :P I think that's a compliment in manspeak ;)


My Granddaddy's WW2 footlocker is still my favorite coffee table/extra blanket holder


The candles make a wonderful, cozy glow when lit


Current mantle decor is a result of random objects that were thrown up while unpacking... we'll see if it passes the test of methodical decorating that comes after settling in 


I always love interjecting random little bits of humor in decor =)


Thrift found vintage suitcase doubles perfectly....


as storage for DVD's and old VHS's :D So much better than a shelf  :P


My Scottie has been recommissioned to a doorstop post 


Jacque takes his job very seriously :)

More pics coming as soon as the cardboard boxes have finished throwing up all over the place :P

Have a lovely Monday!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. You've got the touch m'dear. I need your consulting services.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking so great Steph! I gotta say I am coveting that yellow framed mirror on your mantel. Also, want to see what you did with that little seat next to the fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kenny :) I spray painted the mirror because it was a boring matte black. The seat is still in progress. One corner of it is the best place we could find for the TV, so the other end will probably have lots of pillows and a stack of magazines :)

    ReplyDelete

doodle here :)